Homeowners throughout the state of Florida regularly encounter severe weather including violent tropical storms and hurricanes which develop miles out in the Atlantic Ocean. The damage caused by these devastating storms totals in the hundreds of millions of dollars year after year. A Homeowners Insurance Policy will help protect the single largest investment that you will likely make in your lifetime.
As a local Clearwater, Florida agency, American Family Agencies understands the needs of homeowners throughout Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Ozona, and Crystal Beach. Our knowledge of the local insurance market allows us to tailor a homeowners insurance policy to the individual needs of each of our customers. While each policy is built around an individual, their home, and their property, you will find that most policies are quite similar. Below are some common coverages found in a typical homeowners insurance policy.
- Coverage for your home as well as any additional permanent structures on your property such as sheds, barns, carports, and other detached storage facilities.
- Liability coverage to protect you in the event someone suffers an injury while on your property.
- Coverage for damage to personal property such as furniture, clothing, appliances, and electronics.
- Theft of your property.
- Additional living expense coverage if you were to be forced out of your house by certain disasters. Hotel bills and other reasonable expenses may be included.
Optional coverages can be added to a homeowners insurance policy to meet the less common needs of certain homeowners. Some of these options are:
- Identity theft expense coverage.
- Coverage for high-value items such as jewelry and watches that are not covered under standard personal property coverage.
It is often thought that flood coverage is included in a standard homeowners policy, but it is not. The many hurricanes that Florida residents are affected by each year bring significant rains and rising water making many homes throughout the state prone to flood damage. Our insurance experts will help you determine if flood insurance is a valuable addition to your homeowners insurance policy.
A competitive and affordable rate is often a significant factor when deciding on a homeowners insurance policy. In addition to low rates, many of the top insurance providers offer a variety of policy discounts which homeowners are often unaware of. Florida regulation requires insurance companies to offer discounts for protecting your home against strong winds. A licensed inspector will help you determine if your home qualifies for these wind mitigation discounts.
Other discounts that homeowners can take advantage of include multi-policy discounts, protective device discounts, newly-purchased home discounts, age of construction discounts, hail-resistant roof discounts, and claims free discounts. Our goal at American Family Agencies is to find you all of the policy discounts that you qualify for by being a responsible homeowner.
A homeowners insurance policy from American Family Agencies will give you peace of mind knowing that you and your family are protected from anything Florida may throw your way. For a free quote or for any questions you may have about homeowners insurance contact us today or use our Home Insurance Tool to get started!